Name / Job title:
Misuzu F. Gregg
Department:Foundation of Nursing
Division:Career Development in Nursing
Overview of research and teaching activities
Fields of research and teaching (Themes, keywords)
Education & Work experience
2000 Ph.D, Nursing, The University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
1989 M.S., Nursing, Chiba University, Chiba, Japan
1981 B.S., Nursing, St. Luke’s College of Nursing, Tokyo, Japan
- Gregg, M.F., Wakisaka, T., & Hayashi, C.: Nurse Managers’ Strategies for the Integration of Newly Graduated Nurses into Clinical Units in Japan: A Qualitative Exploratory Study, The Open Nursing Journal. 2013, 7, 157-164 (2013).
- Gregg, M.F., Sanada, H., Yamamoto, A., & Yamamoto-Mitani, N.: Quality in Doctoral education in Japan. Advances in Nursing Doctoral Education & Research, 1(2), 4-8 (2013).
- Kayama, M., Gregg, M.F., Asahara, K., Yamamoto-Mitani, N., Okuma, K., Ohta, K., & Kinoshita, Y. : Mentoring doctoral students for qualitative research: interviews with experienced nursing faculty in Japan. Journal of Nursing Education, 52(5), 283-289 (2013).
- Nagata, S., Gregg, M. F., Miki, Y, Arimoto, A., Murashima, S. & Kim, M. J.: Evaluation of doctoral nursing education in Japan by students, graduates, and faculty: a comparative study based on a cross-sectional questionnaire survey, Nurse Education Today, 32 (4), 361-367, (2012).
- Arimoto, A., Gregg, M. F., Nagata, S., Miki, Y. & Murashima, S.: Evaluation of doctoral nursing programs in Japan by faculty members and their educational and research activities, Nurse Education Today, 32 (5), e1-7, (2012).
- Miki, Y., Gregg, M. F., Arimoto, A., Nagata, S. & Murashima, S. : Evaluation of doctoral nursing programs by doctoral students in Japan: Cross-sectional questionnaire survey, Japan Journal of Nursing Science, 9(2): 160-168, (2012).
- Nursing Education, Nankodo, 2007 in Japanese
- Qualitative Nursing Research, Ishiyaku publication, 2007 in Japanese
- Gregg, M.F., Wakisaka, T., & Hayashi, C.: Developing Strategies for Newly Graduated Nurses to Facilitate Integration into a Clinical Unit in Japan, Sigma Theta Tau International's 24th International Nursing Research Congress, 2013.7, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Yoshida M., Gregg, M., Yamamoto-Mitani, N., Yamamoto, A., Tamai, N., Nakagami, G, Oe, M., & Sanada, H. An analysis of Japanese research articles published in English: For the promotion of globalization of nursing knowledge, 17th East asia forum of nursing scholars, 2014.2, Manila.
- Gregg, M.F., Hayashi, C., & Wakisaka, T. Evaluation of Strategies to Support Newly Graduated Nurses’ Practice in a Clinical Unit, The 35th International Association for Human Caring Conference, 2014.5, Kyoto.
- Tamada, M., Gregg, M. F., Yagi, K., Hayashi. C., Fujimoto. T., Obata, K., Yamada, T. Evaluation of a Professional Development Program for Highly Experienced Nurses, The 35th International Association for Human Caring Conference, 2014.5, Kyoto.
Affiliated academic organization(s)
Sigma Theta Tau International
International Network for Doctoral Education in Nursing
International Society of Caring and Peace
Japan Academy of Nursing Science
Japan Academy of Nursing Education
Kobe Academy of Nursing Science
Teaching subjects in Undergraduate school
Lifelong Learning in Nursin
Teaching subjects in Graduate school (Master’s program /
Career development in Nursing
Qualitative Nursing Research